Wednesday, May 27, 2020

I dreamed somebody I knew was a chef
He hadn't quite you know made it yet
Whatever that means
He was working for someone I guess as opposed to having his own restaurant
And there was some other element
I was trying to get a job or I was working and we were at this restaurant I don't I don't really know I don't really remember how my part worked
Actually I think before the restaurant part there had been a whole big dream about me working
I think it was in an office somehow
and I'm not sure whether I actually work there or there was trying to work there I just don't remember that I just almost can but I can't

But but this guy who was cooking
He was making all this weird stuff
Like lasagna with pink fudge on top
And some stuff that actually sounded good too
And I guess he must have been cooking for a big group or something because there was just huge quantities of the same thing being made

But the thing that struck me the most
that I just could not turn loose of once I had latched on to it
Was this corn
It was like big bowls huge stainless steel bowls filled with these ears of corn
But they were not like regular ears of corn
Regular ears of corn you know they're kind of cylindrical slightly smaller on one end
The kernels are pretty tightly packed and kind of juicy you know when you eat corn the kernels kind of pop they're not kernels kernels is popcorn whatever you call them you know what I'm talking about you know about corn
Well these were not normal corns
They had kernels or whatever you call them
But they weren't in Rose and densely packed they were more like outcroppings
And the Cobb part was just like all blown out
So the shape of them was somewhere between cylindrical and round except maybe not even exactly that
some of them were like super lumpy so maybe they were cylindrical and round
They had been specifically bred
Or whatever you call it with plants bread is wrong I think hybridized maybe cultivated
So that you could get that corn mold stuff that people like to eat which I want to come I want to say it's called something like wesatch but I don't think it is
And it's definitely not spelled that way cuz I'm doing the dictation thing
Anyway it was this really fancy corn where you could get the juiciness of the corn plus you could get this mold all through it
which to be honest with you does not sound that appetizing to me but I've never had it maybe it's incredibly delicious I eat all kind of things like mushrooms and miso
and kombucha is like a combination of fungus and mold I think it's a like a bio symbient
Although the kombucha isn't the scoby is
I don't think very many people eat the scoby so that's different I guess
And maybe I'm wrong about kombucha
I know it's a biosymbient and I know that part of the biosynthetic thing is fungus but the other part may not be mold it may be bacteria his bacteria what you get in fermented things
I should really have looked this up before I started but I did not know I was going to use kombucha as an example at any rate
It's delicious
cheese there you go cheese is something that's delicious but if you really think about what it is it's kind of revolting
Beer also kind of gross if you really think about it
So this corn thing it sounds gross but that's just cuz I didn't grow up eating it

Anyway I got off track The thing that was captivating me in the dream was this corn that was all blown out and weird looking and I was like hey can I help you cut this stuff up
Because I just wanted to cut it up and I was trying to cut it and it was not easy going and I was not making it pretty so he didn't want me to do it but I did spend a little time cutting a few pieces of it before he could stop me and it was kind of amazing

and then I was sitting down to write this and I thought hey corn
You dreamed about corn
So I thought I'd tell you