Sunday, May 31, 2020

News is back on
But it's doing a a piece on people who died
From zombie flu
and I think that's really good I think they should have been doing this for like the last 2 months
I'm sorry I'm crying now
Because everybody who has died was somebody
Some of them might have only been somebody to their loved ones but a lot of them
Obviously a lot of them
Or important people for a variety of reasons

and I think that they should have been doing this from the very beginning so there was just a litany every day like like an obituary
Have they been doing this all along cuz I don't think they have
And I'm just wondering why they're doing it now because right now I'm like I don't want to be seeing this now
and then I feel like that's disrespectful to all these people that I don't want to see this now
but you remember what I was saying before about how it seemed like the whole country was having a psychotic break well I still feel that way

I just don't even know what to think
For a long time I really had hope that
There were so many young people who were idolizing black people I should say young white people who were idolizing black people who were musicians or sports figures
I was like you know it's it's going to be like the children of the Cold war we're going to get to the point where these kids are grown and it's going to change everything
But it hasn't
I mean it kind of has things are different
But but not different enough
We didn't get to the point where everybody just naturally understood that you know we're all the same well we're not all the same we're all different but we're all the same
And James Baldwin I can't remember now whether he made the movie or whether it was made about him and he didn't know about it I'm not 100% sure now but at any rate he was asking white people why do you need for me to be and the film changed it to negro
But that wasn't what it was fill in the word that people say instead of that and that's what he's saying You know that he doesn't need to have this relationship with them or with anybody else
Why did these white people need to have another group that they can think of as not human
Because it's not just it's not just a matter of well they're not quite as good as us at its core it's it's much much worse than that
and surely that doesn't really benefit anyone how does it benefit you if you have somebody else that you can crush under your boot heel
And obviously that is not just black people
I'm not saying that black people are the only group that has been treated badly and that has had the similar sort of experience but the problem in America I've heard people recently calling it our original sin and I don't really like that terminology but I get it
I prefer to think of it more like
We built this country on on the three fifths of person thing which was not just slavery which would be bad enough but saying you know we want to use these people as really machinery in a pre-mechanized age right
we don't want to think of them as people You want to think of them as equipment
But we want to have more population so that we have as many rights as you people so we want to count them as people even though we are acknowledging that they're not people
I mean I guess you can call that original sin but I think that simplifies it too much because original sin the concept of original sin is that you were born with sin that you didn't do anything for but you've got to do all kind of atonement Christian things to get past it and I suppose that it is like that because it's not something that any of us this generation did but that makes a sound all like innocent

And I don't like it for that reason because it's not innocent

And I feel like I'm rambling here
I'm sure that I'm rambling
James Baldwin is a lot more eloquent than I am
And he put his finger on it really really well
And I think for all those years that the politically correct people just made everybody behave sort of because everybody didn't ever really behave
But I feel like that we've not addressed these issues we've not addressed them at all and they need I mean it just needs to get sorted out somehow and what we've ended up with is a situation where everybody gets offended if you say they're being racist and in point of fact most of the people that I know who don't feel like they're racist or at least a little bit racist and some of them are a lot racist but they don't think they are

And I I would be tempted to say that I'm not racist at all because I'm anti-racist
But there are things that occasionally run when I examine them I go Jesus what the f*** 
Now I don't believe them
And I do examine them
And I feel personal shame that they even entered my head but they did enter my head
So you can't completely get away from it
Because you're soaking in it
Some of it's going to creep in some cracks somewhere