Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Okay this is not the only dream I had but this is the one I remember that I had right before I woke up
That place I worked was open again and I just went to work I like well they're open I don't know what time I work I'll just go in at 5:00
Cuz I think five is when we used to open or when I used to go in no actually that's when I used to go into the coffee shop oh well whatever anyway so I went in and I just went to the door and Dennis opened it for me and I just walked in and I started working and the whole place had been like renovated it was all new fixturing it looks completely different it was really pretty
And there was really loud music playing but it wasn't over the intercom it was like on a boombox up at the front door it was like some kind of loud I was thinking it sounded like New Orleans music so I guess it must have been Dixieland jazz or something
And people were coming in I was helping them and then at some point it occurred to me hey I'm not social distancing I'm not worrying about touching my face I'm just like all regular regular and then I kind of freaked out
I had a guy come in and ask me about plumbing supplies and I'm like well if by plumbing supplies you mean bathroom accessories then yes but if you mean actual plumbing supplies and no we don't carry those and he looked at me like I was stupid and had wasted his time but I'm not the one who told him to come there for plumbing supplies
And then there was a cart outside and I was trying to bring it in but somehow it got away from me and I just kept like running after it but it just kept being ahead of me and I couldn't get it and I was like no put back something and I don't know I feel like crashed it was a big noise and I was like okay I give up I'm not going after the cart I'm just leaving it where it is I'm going back inside
But at some point I realized Wait a minute
I'm here I'm not protected at all
And I don't work here
I'm not getting paid for this
And I went to the back and I'm like Dennis why when I came did you not say something to me You just like let me in and let me work
And he's like well I don't know I couldn't
I just couldn't bring myself to tell you you didn't work here
I'm like but you let me work
Are you going to pay me to work
And he's like no I can't
I'm like but I just risked my life for several hours
And he's like what do you mean
But the back room was really pretty too everything was just beautiful like they had spent the whole quarantine remodeling it

Oh I remember another dream
I had this thing it was like a little wand
And it erased things
It was like some kind of digital editing tool
Only you could use it in real life too
And I went up to this window and there were stacks of things inside in the window and I just kind of tidied it up because it looked a little messy to me
but then I really wanted to know did it actually make the things disappear inside or did it just make it look that way
So I had a key and I went inside to check
Only I don't actually know the answer to the question because I don't think I did check
Because I realized that I didn't have the alarm code and probably I had set off the alarm and probably I should leave really fast
Because it was a coffee shop

Oh and there was another one
I worked in a coffee shop
And I asked the girl who was their opening with me which of the opening tasks she preferred
And she said oh I prefer to set up the bar
So I was like okay and I went to look and see what else needed to be done and the tables and chairs outside needed to put out and I thought oh great
cuz that always kind of hurt your back a little bit The chairs you have to in order to get it done fast enough you have to carry multiple chairs at a time and you have to carry them at kind of awkward angle and it really stranger lower back
Clearly whoever had closed had been a really strong guy and they were like you know 12 chairs and a stack so then I had to like take chairs off the stack to take him around and then they're high up and that hurts you back too
So I got these tables and chairs all arranged but then there were plants and I had to figure out where to put the plants because I didn't know where they were supposed to go and they didn't I mean they just looked like clumps of weeds they didn't look like pretty plants