Tuesday, January 23, 2024

SO
I was all like
I've been sick and I feel like
I went through some kind of
mental journey

I don't have anything I really want to
talk about
and I'm kinda interested in adding random elements

SO
how about you ask me questions

Oh, ok, I like random elements
I have a question

when I ask you a question
you look off to the side
and you say
welllllllllllll
and then you launch into
a cogent sometimes eloquent speech

what are you doing during the welllllllll part
you seem like there's a process at work
are you managing how you are perceived

welllllllllllll
I mean I'm sure there is an element of that
somewhere in there
BUT
that makes it sound like I care how I'm perceived
and I really don't
MOSTLY I am just recalling 
AND then trying to figure out what
the person I'm talking to
REALLY wants to know
SO
it's a lot of assessment of the person I'm talking to I guess

he seemed to think the distinction between
what they want to know
and what they REALLY want to know
was VERY interesting

WELL
people don't usually ask
what they really want to know
and it's just more efficient
I don't like to talk about myself

WHY

because people don't listen and they don't understand
people don't contribute much to me
and I don't like to feel like a dancing monkey
going through the motions to entertain them

he didn't seem to quite get it

OK
let me try an example
and see if that helps
when I was at Starbucks I would be having my
review, say
and they'd say
you should speak up more in meetings

BUT
when I was actually in the meeting
They'd say
OK we are going to do (whatever)
And I'd be like OKAY
what are we going to do when blah blah happens

and they'd look at me like I was CRAZY 

TWENTY minutes later
Somebody else would ask it
THEY were a GENIUS
the person next to me would say
didn't you ask that 20 minutes ago 

and I understand now that I was
asking an implementation question
in the comprehension segment
but I didn't see that then
I just started running the program
finding the catches
where it would break down

SO you're just way ahead of everybody

yeah, I guess

IS THAT LONELY

YES