Thursday, January 11, 2024

he stepped OUT into the darkness
maybe to smoke a cigarette
maybe just to BREATHE the night air
do you REMEMBER me?
first the voice
then a vague shadow
then the FIERY unfolding of ephemeral WINGS

he swallowed
MAYBE he nodded
it was dark, WHO COULD SAY

we are different sets of CELLS and circumstances

I perhaps NEED you
in order to travel through EVERY point at once
maybe I DON'T need you
maybe you are just the CATALYST current
maybe there's ANOTHER way

I have a MISSION 
but the instructions were like SERIOUSLY weak
it was all like
WE CAN'T TELL YOU 
because anyway it wouldn't make any sense
until the TIME OF DOING 
GOOD LUCK
thanks, you TOTALLY got this

then a WHOLE BUNCH of shit happened

then, one day, I'm kind of just minding my own
BUSINESS
and BAM
I get hit with some COSMIC LIGHT SHOW
YOU HAVE MET ANOTHER ONE

I spent the next TWENTY YEARS
trying to figure THAT SHIT out

I MEAN LIKE CRAZY, right?

am I supposed to CRASH into you
or SLIME our HEADS together

I SEEM to be 
POWERING UP
I STILL don't know the FRACKING MISSION

BUT
I would REALLY LIKE
to think
that the ONLY OTHER ONE
was an ALLY

SO
CREATE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE
or WHATEVER 

I WALKED into a COFFEE SHOP
earlier THAT DAY
the guy behind the counter ASKS ME
how I am
AND I really have to PEE
came in to the coffee shop SURE I would
FIND a LOO
BUT my quick scan of the room has
produced NO EVIDENCE of said
I say FINE but in a TONE which makes a liar of me

I LOOK into his eyes and I SEE
the FOCUS of his ENTIRE BEING
assess and prepare to pivot
AND IT FRIGHTENED me
that I would have CARELESSLY ACTIVATED

NO NO, I say, I'm FINE, really
I've just been walking around for a long time
AND
I REALLY need to pee

I can help with that, he says
and leads through this like vaguely
CYBER PUNK experience
that could have been it's own adventure
IF
THE EARTH wasn't already SHAKING

DON'T misunderstand
I'm NOT saying
he was 🔥
I'm NOT saying HE thought I was 🔥
SPECIFICALLY NOT

AND
I was like SHIT
is that what I'M like?
THAT'S INTENSE!
I didn't know that was POSSIBLE
JUST FRACKING WOW

BUT SEE
I got the #GREEN sign
I got EYES sign

AND
THEN YOU

SO
for some reason
I think that the CONTENTS
of your BRAINS while this SCHRODINGER'S MOMENT

UNFOLDS

SHOULD be
KNOWABLE