Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Okay I'm awake
I dreamed some weird stuff
My mother was pregnant and she was in the hospital giving birth
I don't think she was as old as she is now
But she was pretty old to be giving birth
And also in the story she was giving birth vaginally after cesarean section
Which is an accurate that to real life
She didn't have a cesarean section

But at the point when I was in women's studies classes
That was like a super brave thing that was talked about in I think it was anthropology of women
Cuz I think I read a bunch of stuff that was done by a woman who was studying the anthropology of hospitals
And women generally how they're treated in the medical system
And doctors did not want to perform vaginal births on women who had had cesarean sections before
And the common wisdom was that you would rupture
but in cesarean section the whole process is taken away from you it's scheduled and it's surgery and you're not really involved in the birthing process
and there were women who didn't want to have that taken away from them

I don't know what that means for my mother giving birth
I don't know what it means for me in the dream
but I'm just giving you that background because I don't know if that's something you would have any reason to know about

And there was another part where I was living in the house with my stepfather
And I don't know if that was related to my mother giving birth or not
She wasn't there
and there was something deeply weird about being alone in the house with him
but I can't put my finger quite on what it was

And then there was another one where I was working in a furniture store
And there was a whole bunch of other story going on not sure that working at the furniture store was even the most important part of the story
and I don't think that I was going to be working there very long I think I was about to be let go
But maybe that's not right maybe I was temporary
But I was setting up these displays
And I was planning for pieces of furniture that I wanted

I'm not really sure how that makes sense either

And then I was laying in bed trying to think about things I'm grateful for
It's tending to be the same list
Which I guess makes sense
But then I was trying to branch out
And I was nodding off
and my brain kept trying to fill in things that
We're not even things
and we're not things that if they were real I'm sure I would be all that grateful for
And it was kind of freaking me out a little bit

so then I kind of tried to shape myself awake more so that I wouldn't do that
And I started thinking about what I wanted to eat
And apparently I want to bake potato for breakfast
I don't think that's very practical cuz it'll take too long to cook
And I'm pretty hungry now

So I'm a little bit turned around

And then as I'm laying there my nose just seems to be getting more and more stopped up
And I'm passed getting freaked out that I might have the covid
but then I got this like a stabbing pain in my head so I don't know what's going on
I don't know if it's supposed to rain I'm sure the hurricane front is gone

But my barometer head is definitely saying there's something going on
so I don't know I feel a little discombobulated I think my dreams were confusing and then my free thought was confusing

I guess I'm just a little confused

I love you very much sweetheart
I hope you're having a good day 💋