Thursday, February 1, 2024

OK
MAYBE I'll just start AT the BEGINNING
that's REALLY kicking it old school

I had this SUDDEN FLASH
that album cover I DESCRIBED a while BACK*

I SAW it
BUT it was the COVER of a book**

BUT
I didn't get anything else
so not SURE what

THEN
I really WANTED to LOOK up
Salinger
& there was this VIDEO it was AMAZING!!!

this WOMAN is 
well, she ISN'T really
PHOEBE -- that was her name, right?
I FEEL confident enough NOT to look it up
BUT I take this seriously 
thank God YES
I would be MAD at myself
& THAT
isn't really WHAT I mean

I MEAN she was TALKING
& I could see it
I could be BOTH of them

I had that experience SORT OF
in a final exam in CHICANO history to 1910
one of the ESSAY choices was
SOMETHING LIKE
describe the morning of a CHICANO woman
in some circumstance***
& it was like I was THERE
I almost didn't FINISH the f*CKing exam
I couldn't STOP
AND
it was not the last question

WELL this was different
but not MUCH

all these OTHER things HAPPENED
but I REALLY only want to listen to****
talk about THAT

(to be continued)


*I think I told you about it 
**I couldn't see it very clearly though I know it was broken pieces of mirror on the pavement spelling out the words but I don't remember what was reflected in the mirrors
***I honestly can't remember 
****Freudian slip?