Saturday, February 17, 2024

I DREAMED last night
I was making ART somehow
BUT
it was a COMPLICATED process
it SEEMED like
I was using MARKERS
on THIN paper
so it would bleed through
& the bleed through
was the DESIRED effect

it was SOMEWHAT like pointillism
but NOT

it's an interesting idea
I'm not SURE if it's like a stand alone
BUT
I could definitely EXPERIMENT
ADDing THAT to my next SERIES

Jason is doing this HYPERCUBE series
LIKE a hundred fifty SEEMS like
which I TOTALLY get
BUT
that isn't HOW I work
he has a COUPLE of em
DIFFERENT
two of these THINGS are not like the
OTHERS

have a QUALITY
of SPACE

I would like to be able to DEFINE
it probably isn't important

& just the other day
I had this SENSE*

for people who MAKE art
it's either supposed to LOOK LIKE something 
OR
it has to be UNDERSTOOD as
a COMMUNICATION**
& so then there's a WAY in which
it isn't REALLY sensical
to ask like is it GOOD or whatever

RATHER
are YOU receiving it

& SOMEHOW
I feel like if I could DESCRIBE what it is
that is different

THAT would TELL me SOMETHING
ABOUT ME***

*which I'm having trouble articulating
**maybe this is wrong, I'm trying to articulate my sensed reality of recent 
***which seemed counterintuitive to me at first but does seem consistent with my further analysis of my perception