Thursday, February 22, 2024

the two main hurdles I see
with the whole
JOSHUA TREE tent situation
BATHROOMS
& VULNERABILITY

I HAVE to have access
to SOMETHING
porta potty FINE
but no squatting in the bushes
NO SIR

ALSO
as appealing as taking a bus
& like hiking in SOUNDS in the abstract
it is just untenable
for so many reasons
& FEELING SAFE
is NOT last, ya know

in fact the IDEA of being just OUT there
with no way of locking a door in a tent
makes me WONDER
if I should just SLEEP in the car

BUT I think NO
HAVE the TENT
BUT
don't not use the CAR if it FEELS
NECESSARY, ya know

the website says SPRING & FALL are best
I don't want to WAIT until fall
BUT
LUCY at work is having knee replacement
in MAY so that's not gonna happen
& who knows how long
her recovery will be

SO I'm looking at APRIL
& I'm not sure
if that's gonna be easy to swing

BUT
I FEEL like it's GONNA happen

THANK YOU SO MUCH
for the push to get out of the road
it's such an integral part of me
I had LOST

I came home and it was like back in the day
I was SORRY to be HOME