Saturday, February 17, 2024

I'm gonna TRY to describe
WHAT I like
ABOUT
those two particular
paintings of jason's because
I'm getting this SENSE
that it is important SOMEHOW

he TENDS towards
well his style contains ELEMENTS
he has a sort of COMIC BOOK* aesthetic
& he has this
I have CALLED it
since his high school at least
his RAUSCHENBERG aesthetic

& that's how MOST of his work hits me

BUT
these two OTHERS
have this like ETHERIAL quality
but ALSO
this BEAUTIFUL delineation
SOMEHOW within
the somewhat EXTREME
articulation I MAKE CUBE ALL HYPER**

there is to me this SPACE
in which SOMETHING STILL
is happening

there is a GLOW

it GIVES me a PLACE to ENTER
like the PORTAL of the picture
or the PHYSICS of it maybe

it PROVIDES a place
I can PROJECT MYSELF into
SOMEPLACE I want to be




*defined broadly
**I am not trying to mock him but I am kinda making an inside joke you might not get:  he was hyper active as a kid & has always made art frenetically which I can almost picture him doing with the hundred fifty & he has the caveman robot character who talks like that kinda