Friday, September 11, 2020

Well I've been up for almost 24 hours so I'm going to go sleep for a little while I think
It's 9/11
It feels different this year though
I mean 9/11 doesn't feel like a bigger crisis than what's happening right now
It just doesn't
I still remember all that stuff
The stuff I talk about just about every year
Except I think I may have said that the guy that I had a late lunch with at aunty pasto'sI think I may have said his name was Casey and it wasn't Casey it was Cassidy
So I want to correct that now
But I just don't feel the way I usually feel on 9/11
and I don't know whether that is a thing that makes perfect sense
Or whether it means I'm un-American or something
That just all seems like it was in a different world somehow
The way the world after 9/11 seems like a different world than the world before
Well that seems like a different world than the world now
I've taken to thinking and I didn't think this up but I have adopted it I've taken to thinking of everything before this as the before times
So I don't know

I hope that you are doing well
And I love you very much
and I am super excited about the paints that are coming and some of them are coming today and some of them are coming tomorrow and some of them are not coming for a long time
But I'm very excited

And early voting starts here on October 13th
And I'm going to vote on October 13th
It looks like as of now there are two places reasonably close to me
One is supposedly an annex of University of Houston that I have no previous knowledge of it's supposed to be on Hillcroft which is about 2 mi away I think and then there's another place that's in a Hampton inn that's on the other side of 610 for me and I think that's maybe two and a half or three miles
So assuming that those are right I'm not sure which is the better place to go
But I'm going to vote early
I've been voting early for years
I didn't vote early in 2000
I'm not even sure they had early voting in 2000 here I sort of don't think they did
I'm not certain if I early voted in 2004
I sort of think that's when I started
But it's possible that I didn't start until after that
For sure I did in 2008 for sure
and the very first place that I ever early voted is a place that I could still early vote and I may just go there
It's a community service center that's like a gym I'm not sure that that's what you'd call it but it's a a place where people play like wheelchair basketball and stuff like that it's over in Montrose well it might technically be fourth ward
But it was pretty nice
Last last election I think I voted in an office building in the galleria area
And the time before that it was kind of on the cusp between spring ranch and the heights
That was kind of a far drive and I wasn't crazy about the place
also both that place and the one in the office building had very limited parking but the community service center has quite a bit of parking
So I don't know I may do that

I love you very much sweetheart πŸ’‹