Friday, August 14, 2020

i think i enjoy to design things, or something

 I would like to create a skincare line, and I suppose I could, but it would be a little expensive to start up and also I might, no, I for sure would, need to learn more about formulation.  A lot of people seem to be doing it on Etsy though.  But the problem with me is that I don't think I have a very common skin situation, so it's not like I'd be creating the products to fill a niche need.  I have very fiddly needs.  I've found that I can't really, at least any more, just use the same thing every day, which is what I'd kind of like to do.  It needs exfoliation, but not too much.  It needs actives, but not too much.  I really would like--  at least in theory to be able to--  have three or four things that I could use every day morning and night with maybe a mask added once or twice a week.  Probably I don't really want that.  Probably I love to try new things.  But the idea of creating the perfect line for me with all the things I love that work for my skin is very appealing.  Chlorella Growth Factor and SeaKelp bioferment and Propolis and cloudberry oil and black cumin oil and carrot seed essential oil and manuka essential oil and blue yarrow essential oil and wow there are a lot more things.  And designing the packaging would be difficult--  well,I guess it wouldn't if I was making a budget line on Etsy--  but if I was doing like something nice, where the packaging is supposed to help sell it would be tricky.  My taste is not typical.  For example this is what most women seem to think is beautiful packaging--  not just that product, but the whole Tatcha line.  I don't like the way they look at all.  I just spent a long time down a rabbit hole looking for an equivalent product that I do like the look of which was stupid because I'm not talking about that product I'm talking about the design of all the packaging, which is pearlescent and either white or purple.  I think that what I hate about the packaging is the shape.  And I think outer people really like the shape.  I like more apothecary shapes, but mostly more squared but not...

This, I like this!

I'm not crazy about the label but I like the squared off bottle and the black cap and the design on the glass.  I also like this tube packaging and this shape jar, especially with this lid.  I really like the texture of it.  Now I like a good squared jar too, but with this one you wouldn't have all the corner action, plus it's just so pretty.