Saturday, August 8, 2020

i love you, goodnight sweetheart (edited)

 i talked to my mother on the phone

she said she missed my voice

and i put her off for several days

but finally i just had to

so we talked for several hours

and then i couldn't go to sleep

or

do anything productive

i'm about to go to bed now

i hope

i'm thrown off

i love you sweetheart

goodnight


oh

and i read her a little of my story

and about a page of lot 49

and

then i made the mistake of asking her something

what does the dream at the beginning tell you about the character

and then i waited

and she's like

are you asking me a question

i can't answer questions

but then she proceeded to tell me

your words flowed really well

it sounded more like a finished work than arough draft

i think the standard accepted way that you are supposed to write is not to edit as you go

you should just be writing not editing

and i'm like that's what i'm doing

that's how my writing comes out

i'm just thinking it out

and planning before i start writing

but i'm not stopping the flow once i start

i don't think

i should have read her any

she reads

and she has always wanted me to write

but idk

it always seems like she doesn't understand me

or doesn't like it or something

anyway

whatever