Friday, August 21, 2020

I love it
I remember you standing in the crepe place
Telling me you wanted to be a country singer
Only that's not what you said I don't remember exactly what you said because I was shocked
And my first thought was
Oh I don't like country
Which of course was never true I always liked country I listened to lots of country even when I was a kid
I just didn't like a particular kind of country that was popular at some point when I was making my decisions about what kind of music I liked
Like when you make that list about yourself when you're a teenager or whatever I don't know
And I don't know whether I registered any of that
at that point was when you were telling me that you couldn't read my face at all
But then
Subsequently
It was more like elements of

But this
Is silver wings
And heart of gold
And some of my favorite songs are on it