Tuesday, July 23, 2024

this is gonna be a little stream of consciousness, I don't think this is what I want to say, but I'm not sure where to start, so I'm just jumping in (these commas are wrong but I'm not fixing them)

I want to see the ear.

I'm distressed with this desire--  the ear is not important--  if he was knicked by a piece of something or if his ear is a lump of loose meat.  Why do I want to see it?
Is it even true that I want to see it, maybe not.

I heard on the radio, in the car on the way home, about the upbeat nature of his rally-goers.  Frequently there are these little magical moments when groups stumble across each other--  bikers and blacks, for example, because we like alliteration--  just EBULLIENT kids away at summer camp taking selfies becoming BESTIES for life.

It bounces me out.
I have understood them differently.
I see people with grievance, real or imaginary, but FELT.  People who see themselves as threatened by the POSSIBLE future which was written for someone else who doesn't deserve it, not like they do--  oh, SORRY, pronouns.

I'm, as I say, driving when I hear this and I want to keep listening but I'm losing the signal.  I change the station and maybe it's the next thing I hear, or maybe it's later, but I hear no sleep til Brooklyn and I text my niece.

Hey, I text, I just want to make sure you know about THIS with a link to a YouTube of the Beastie Boys.

Oh, she texts back, you have no idea how aware.

I should not have worried with your rizz*

*I am looking for how this lands and I really care

She texts me back RIZZ!! with shake your rump.

I am just chuffed that I used rizz right and I feel a little silly and old that I am so enchanted with slang that I gotta learn Z, but I feel myself losing the thread of the society and I'm grasping a little, maybe.