Sunday, July 28, 2024

Like, for example, when I was at Starbucks I was shocked at the amount of racism I had to deal with.  I mean if you've got that stuff in your head, well, that is sad, but if you don't know you shouldn't say it aloud there is something wrong with you.  I had a group of customers from Ethiopia and in Ethiopia they have a very strong coffee culture--  well originally from Ethiopia, then there was the war and about half of them were from Eritrea and that caused problems but eventually most of them were friends again--  and I would get complains:  when are you going to do something about "that element".  I was like, I don't know what you mean.  They're like those black guys that are always sitting out front, don't they have jobs?

Just because there are a group of black guys sitting out front doesn't mean they are the SAME five black guys--  some of them work in the med center and work all different hours, some of them drive cabs, some of them work in parking garage situations, and some of them do other jobs that I don't know about and when they get off work they drive by and if any of their friends are here they stop and have a coffee.  They are, as you point out, "always" here, so THEY are my regular customers--  I don't recognize YOU.

It TURNED my stomach.

(continuing)