Monday, July 15, 2024

YOU want to know what I think of her art
& you maybe want 
SOME FEELING 
for what
I always find it difficult to write 
because I'm trying 
to be non-specific
& either I used to do this well

and somehow have lost it
OR
I feel like I need
to do something different 
I feel LIKE I'm not 
LIFTING you

ANYWAY I almost 
MANAGED
to avoid that question 

I feel LIKE 
he art REFERENCES things
that I don't know about 
SO
when I look at the very BRIGHT color
there is something happening 
I understand that 
BUT 
I FEEL like 
it's about MORE than that
it FEELS culturally referenced
BUT I am not in on it

which is kinda cool actually 
MAYBE it's cooler
if it isn't actually 
& it just made me feel that way

EITHER way 
what I think 
is not important 
I'm some old crazy person
SHE'S the new generation 
AND just being honest 
TALENT is great
BUT it's probably not as important as 
being happy 
what I wish for her is that she be happy 

that's all I ever wanted 
what do you want to be when you grow up
HAPPY 

I mean I WANTED to be a ballerina 

THAT'S TRUE 

so I guess not all I wanted was to be happy 

I mean how were you at fifteen 
SHE'S kicking your fifteen year old ass, right