Tuesday, July 9, 2024

I can't sleep 
I'm listening to 
Killing Commendatore
again 

he's got a new book
I was trying to get 
BUT 
it isn't out yet

SO 
I'll have it in November 
because I just 
used a credit 

I just started 
Killing Commendatore 
I'm not very far back in

there is an element to murakami 
that feels so 
familiar 
I identify 

BUT there is ALSO 
an element to him
that is
alienating to me

I had forgotten 
his description of the women
he had sex
with

I MEAN 
there's a WAY 
in which 
I get

he's looking back
he's describing 
events
in a particular way

& it makes sense 
BUT 
I still have this
LIKE 

negative-adjacent reaction to the WAY 
he's looking at & describing 
the women

their limited ascribed motivation
the way he
KINDA
has interest in them
without caring
really 
at all

it's vulnerable 
BUT 
icky

it bounces me out
LIKE 
verfermdungseffekt

AND 
then I have to stop
& ask myself 
is it meant that way