Monday, July 15, 2024

I saw Carter Sampson at a song swap--  I decided to prioritize song swaps since I couldn't handle much inside/people/sound and that allowed me the largest exposure to different musicians--  and she said she had a booth selling vintage clothing in the pastures of plenty.  I knew as soon as she said that that I was gonna see her and her big red glasses again.  I did force myself to the pasture on the last night and I really didn't need to be that afraid--  it was very manageable crowd-wise.  I found her booth, didn't initially find anything that looked like it would fit me.  I looked at everything else and circled back.  We chatted.  I found a hand crocheted vest in a beautiful crimson color which may or may not look good with my coloring and a lino-cut print she did with a line from one her songs--  I do all the heavy lifting on my own.  I tell her it's my first year but...

"A lot of us think of this as kinda a family reunion," she says looking at me through her big red glasses and smiling.

"YES," I say, completely understanding.