Thursday, July 18, 2024

Thank you for all that you have done

to try to get me
OUT of 
the EXTREME 

LOCK-DOWN funk

there's a BUNCH of OTHER baggage
BUT 
I don't think I 
could have made it
out of
THAT hardened shell

I HOPE I get
my MIND right
EVENTUALLY 
& I know 
you probably haven't seen 

whatever it is
you're looking for yet

I'm pretty sure 
a bunch of the stuff I said

didn't make SENSE 
& I don't think I have a WAY 
to make it make sense

I just gotta keep working through 

I can't objectively 
tell you
HOW close I might be

BUT 
I KNOW parts of me are
MAD
& parts of me are HURT
& parts of me are overwhelmed 

I KNOW I want a BUNCH of 
CONTRADICTORY things 

AND
I think part of the
PSYCHOTIC word salad stuff
is about the fact
THAT 
PART of me is on-board with the new framework 

BUT 
PART of me doesn't KNOW 
about the new framework 
& can't let go
& NONE of me
REALLY knows

HOW the new framework 
ACTUALLY 
looks or works

I was telling my therapist 
I'm just trying to FIX me
AND the rest of everything will
RESOLVE 
I can't handle trying to FIX my relationships 

BECAUSE 
growing up with all love being CONDITIONAL
SHAPED my interactions with the world 
in a very TRANSACTIONAL way
AND
I find it difficult to separate myself out

in whatever way it is that I need to
to see what I want and need

I just have to change myself
& let that play through the systems

my FAVORITE psychology class
was EMOTION & MOTIVATION 

which dealt a lot with systems

I GET
that you may not be seeing
what you're looking for 
YET

BUT I wanted you to KNOW 

I SEE YOU
& I appreciate you