Saturday, July 27, 2024

my niece just made me happy 

I had texted her
a video 
& I thought maybe it was 
CRINGE 

SO
I was trying to explain 
my thoughts 

I SAID 
I don't want to be OLD 
even if I get chronologically older

she's like
BUT 
isn't old cool

I'm like not if it's how the boomers seem to me

I got a lecture about how taxis is better than Uber
from someone who has 
NEVER used Uber & probably hasn't taken a taxi in 20 years 

it's telling a current person what they should think and do
using a non-existent model of the world
I don't ever want to be THAT 

my understanding of my job
as an old person 
is to tell you what it's like where I'm from
in a way that is relevant to you

and to do THAT 
I have to continue to understand 
what is relevant 

she said 
I believe that when you do get old
as we all must eventually do
you will still be a bad-ass