Wednesday, July 17, 2024

I'm not okay
& I'm not sure why

I was so proud of myself 
for walking to the bus
in 45 minutes 
& then the bus didn't come 

I have never in my life
Known the 82 to take more than twenty minutes 
& that's like if one broke down 
it's six minutes on peak
ten minutes off

it is the ONLY line
that has ever FELT to me
LIKE Chicago
BUT no, I can't even say that with a straight face

what I meant was
IF you're going to TRANSLATE actual 
MASS TRANSIT 
to HOUSTON 

EIGHTY two, just sayin 

BUT 
I got there at seven fifteen
I shoulda made the seven twenty four
ten busses went east
in the FORTY five minutes I waited

it had RAINED 
and people kept splashing me
I kept moving back
my dress is terry cloth--  it's basically a towel 

AND they KEPT managing 
UNTIL I was screaming at them
& FLIPPING them off

I ALSO said ALOUD 
it is a GOOD thing I'm not walking around with a GUN

then two other people got there
and I had I REALLY 
GOOD experience