Thursday, September 5, 2024

I'm also 
NOT ๐Ÿ’ฏ on board
with the decision I made
ABOUT the BROKEN 

because I really 
DO NEED my time back 

STUFF 
&
EXERCISE 

these are not
UN daunting 

and I have to keep my mom
IN PERSPECTIVE 

and
I'm considering 
that sunday life drawing THING 
I'm considering 
WATERCOLOR 
portraiture 

ALSO 
MAYBE 
plein air*

*this looks wrong but I didn't look it up

I ordered a new a. gallo palette 
it is SOMEWHAT 
superfluous 

I COULD certainly 
rearrange 
just order the NEW colors

BUT 
watercolor palettes
are SO fun to REVISIT 

I don't like to take them apart
AND it's a 
THING

it's a bit ODD
no blue
it's NOT 
straight UP, anything 

I'm REALLY proud of it

still de grain 
quinacridone gold
ercolono red
cinabro hue
ultramarine pink
earth green cool
indigo green
orange iron oxide
Icelandic red earth
van dyke brown 
perylene green
vivanite (functions as blue, kinda)

COLORS group out
three are NOT earth pigments

the quin gold adds PUNCH
& MIXES well

ultramarine pink counterpoints
earth green cool

it adds WARMTH that can 
STILL be shadow

PERHAPS it will mix
BUT 
it is the entire
SPECTRUM 
cool red through violet


perylene green 
is LIKE 
the shadow of shadows 

this line has recently 
added a perylene green 

& I WAS going to get 
perylene maroon 
BUT 
I talked myself into

GRANULATION 
I love the indigo green
& the van dyke brown
I talked myself into 

orange iron oxide
& icelandic red earth
which are
SUBDUED swaps 

where I would normally go hard

stil de grain replaced fig green

because I got this image

BRIGHT light
TREES

and it changed

ercolono red 
& cinabro hue

are beautiful 
and join with quin gold
as the WARM warms

I don't KNOW 
if it WORKS 

it's playing with 
DIFFERENT variables