Thursday, September 26, 2024

TODAY 
was OK

I spent some time 
TRYING 
to FEEL my
FREQUENCY 

HOW do you want to 
FEEL 

then I took a long shower
made some tea

put my makeup on 

after FORGETTING to 
put MOST of the
PREP steps
on

which was
DISTURBINGLY absent minded of my*

*because it is LITERALLY habitual, the skincare

BUT 
I was all LIKE 
OK and just --  adjusted

It was TOTALLY fine 
with my mom
NO problem 

she did this THING 
it's one of the DISGUSTED things
& it was REALLY bothering me 

AND NOW I realize 
I like back-filled
DISGUST 

it's THIS noise she makes
& it JUST 
FREAKS me OUT 

every time I hear it
EVERY time 

I go through this whole analysis of 
WHAT AM i hearing?

it's SOMETHING to do
with SWALLOWING 
BUT 
NOT all SWALLOWING 

JUST SOME swallowing 

AND
she SMACKED her lips
ate with her mouth open

it WAS, I'm guessing 
LIKE 
SOME sort of HYPER AWARE thing

BUT 
NOW 
I back-fill the DISGUST

BUT 
NOT TODAY


we went to Brazos bookstore 

a book I ALMOST bought 
is on the LONG LIST 

I took THAT as a SIGN 

& THEN
on the small press feature table

CONCERNING 
the FUTURE of SOULS

by joy williams 


which was CLEARLY 
a SIGN 

I have never heard of joy williams 
at least I don't 

THINK 
I have

I hadn't heard of louise gluck either