Saturday, September 14, 2024

AND 
I have a THING 

I need to figure out 

I was driving my mom around 
because I'm doing that
when we are
doing things 

and I stopped to get gas
which was all expected 

and we had just been at the grocery*

*I'm telling you this for CONTEXT 

at the grocery 
she stays in the car
with the engine and air conditioning running 

we get to the gas station 
and I'm getting ready 
before I turn off the car

AND 
she's LIKE 
you have to turn off the engine 
BEFORE you pump the gas

AND
it triggers me a little 

I MEAN 
isn't THAT 
like the FIRST thing
I think I learned THAT 

BEFORE 
I even was a driver
the first time I ever pumped gas
BUT ya know

MORE than 40 years

and although I KNOW 
she's probably 
just thinking 
a few minutes ago I wanted her to
leave it running 
NOW that isn't safe

I got out of the car
and bitched to myself 

would you PLEASE start treating me 
like I'm the SMARTEST person you know 


I feel like SO MANY 
of my human interactions
involve people
giving me DIRECTIONS 
LIKE 
I just arrived on this planet
& had NEVER ENGAGED my brain

PROBABLY need
to be TOLD 
THE MOST BASIC things 

when I spend
at least six hours a day in research of 
SOME kind 
&
I'm fifty seven years old

THIS attitude on my part
is disruptive to my functioning 

BUT 
I cannot seem to DISCONNECT 
& the problem with my
DESCRIPTION 

is that it's 
IMPOSSIBLE to 
NOT display
what I THINK 

it HITS the 
ALIEN 👾 button