Sunday, September 8, 2024

I got this urge
to KNOW MORE about 
UNIQLO

pretty sure there was an ad
BUT 
I AM curious ABOUT them

SO
I found their website 
SOMEHOW 

DIFFICULT 

which I SOMEHOW 
simultaneously 
SOMEWHAT 
enjoyed

AND
I found this colorblock skirt
NOT in the SHAPE 
I most prefer

BUT 
one I ENJOY 
& probably pull off

and the thing about them
it's LIKE 
great DESIGN 
& really reasonably priced 

& I THINK 
is it really cheaply made

and you read the ingredients 
and the answer is
it seems like reasonable quality 
for affordable prices

AND I'm game
I was REALLY LOOKING
for a new RAINCOAT 

BUT 
THEN
THERE was COLOR BLOCK

I used to have this colorblock skirt 
it was that KINDA 
PENCIL like

that I LIKE 

it was like a heathered grey
with a thick black stripe

AND
I THINK 
it satisfied a HUGE swath
of STYLE 

I MEAN 
from MINIMALISM 
to a sort of suiting look 
to LIKE 
PENDLETON 

I felt LIKE it looked good on me
I got it at the AVENUE 

it was reasonable quality 
for a reasonable price 
LUCK of the draw

heavy rotation for a long damn time

and I don't think I've gotten rid of it yet

it's too BIG for me to wear
OTHERWISE 
it just needs a small back seam mend

it could, theoretically, be ALTERED 
AND it KINDA makes 
me want to 
LEARN 
to SEW 

my mom has a sewing machine 
I'm NOT sure 
that that is pertinent 
BUT it is information 

SKIRT 

I bought a skirt

I NEEDED it
because you don't see colorblock all that often

AND even if everything is all colorblock all the time everywhere everywhere colorblock 

THIS is navy, brown, and grey

AND
it's a KNIT
AND
it's that wide vertical rib

SO
UNIQLO 
is getting QUITE the TEST 

I'm NOT expecting 
BUT if they
MEET my expectations 

I MIGHT not get a lot of wear
OUT of it

BUT 
it MIGHT 
become my FAVORITE skirt

I REALLY like 
their CONCEPT