Wednesday, May 8, 2024

I was trying to explain 
why the dad proud thing bothered me

I had a relationship 
with dad
for five and a half years
before jason came along
& it was different 
than the relationship 
they had
& I feel like he's somehow 
telling me like
he knows BETTER 

he's probably 
just telling me 
what he probably thinks 
would be
something I want to hear
certainly not 
anything he would think I wouldn't want to hear 

BUT it isn't 
what I want to hear
& I don't know exactly why it makes me angry
BUT it DOES 

my problem with dad
wasn't that he wasn't proud of me

my problem with dad
was he left me in parked cars alone at night
while he went into strip clubs
to recruit my "new mommy"

he left you in the car in strip club parking lots

well, no sorry, not strip clubs
TOPLESS bars

same thing

SMALLER parking lots

THEN
he was all like
I love you MORE than her
BUT he would tell her
ALL my SECRETS 
some of which were
ABOUT HER

so here she is
the EX-topless waitress
fresh from the trailer park
& OBSESSED with 
how I am not showing her the proper respect
I am UPPITY
& her goal in life
is to BREAK ME
& HE is making it ACTIVELY worse

I didn't get to this part
because I got distracted 

I finally could NOT take deborah 
ANYMORE 
I went to live with my MOM*
*which turned out to be it's own nightmare 

& my dad acted like
I was some bad ex-girlfriend
who broke his heart
BUT he couldn't QUITE quit
TRYING REALLY HARD though

he would make plans with me
NOT SHOW
NOT CALL
when I'd finally get a hold of him
he'd say
I figured you'd figure it out
I wasn't coming

he would be supposed to pick me up
& leave me stranded
my mom out of town or whatever 

he NEVER forgave me

I was a miserable kid
I was trying to 
make my life
NOT HELL
& that
f*CKing backfired

I LOVED him SO MUCH 
& he knew I was miserable 
& he couldn't be big enough 
to forgive his ten and a half year old child
for not putting him FIRST 
OR
WHAT the f*CK ever
his interpretation of event was

BESIDES 
he saw my art
I went to f*CKing PVA
& he came to at least one show
I THINK 
maybe NOT though

MAYBE 
the show I'm remembering 
was jason's show

THAT'S the one I remember 

HE'S like 
looking at a red haired girl
in the same show with jason 
YOU don't really have red hair anymore, do you

WHICH YES
I absolutely DID

BUT 
it FELT like SUCH a SLAP in the FACE
because he ALWAYS made SUCH a BIG deal
about how beautiful
my red hair was

I MEAN 
it FELT like he spent
MORE than the 
NEXT TEN YEARS
trying to BREAK my HEART
RIGHT BACK

AND
I DON'T WANT to HEAR
some sh*t about proud
f*CK right off with THAT