Thursday, May 9, 2024

I LOVE you VERY much 
I hope you had
a beautiful day 
I was with my mom
TODAY 
&
I feel compelled to explain 

I still love my dad
he did me wrong 
BUT 
I don't think he has the capacity 
to do any different 

I think my leaving 
BROKE him somehow 
& rather than doing
the SMART thing
knowing what he knew about my mom
which would have been

to assure me that
I could come back

he just took it as
TOTAL rejection 
plus
my mom winning 
BUT 
even while he was doing all that stuff

he would call me
and be like
DON'T GIVE UP on me

he was complicated 
he made bad choices 
he hurt me really badly 

I hurt him too
BUT I was trying to SAVE myself
after years of begging him
to help me
& he couldn't 

I didn't want to hurt him
& if I knew them
what I know now
I'm not SURE I would have done the SAME 

I THINK 
I might have done
SOMETHING 
crazier

he and deborah split up
not that long after
I guess I was in highschool then

MAN
I don't want to THINK about 
ANY of THIS