Wednesday, May 8, 2024

stand up idea rough (more more more edited)

I'm a painter
I PAINT
& I KINDA reconnected 
with my estranged brother recently 

He's a painter
in NYC 
his partner is a performance artist
AJAX
their CHILD
the birth
was an INVITATIONAL event

we've been looking at 
each other's paintings on Instagram 
as you do

I did this one
SUMMER in Houston 
it's a little abstract
BUT
there IS a person
BURSTING into FLAMES 

which I think is pretty realistic, actually 

he's done like 1500 paintings 
of CUBES

since Christmas

I was telling my therapist about him
he's ALWAYS been hyper-active

OH is he ADHD

Ummm you are REALLY not
PICKING up the 
CONTEXT CLUES doc

DIAGNOSES?!

like, will you NEXT
be asking me about my experience 
with allergy shots?!

he bounced off the walls
it's hard to hit a moving target
BUT mom had GAME (physical)

ANYWAY 
he commented on my SUMMER painting 
that dad would be
so PROUD (physical)

& I remembered 
KINDA 
how we got estranged 
I wanted to COMMENT 
BACK

BUT 
I haven't figured out yet 
how to TRANSLATE 
my EXPERIENCE 
of dad
into something he can understand 

AND it's just not worth it 
it's HATFIELDs & CAPULETS 
BUT 
I'm reasonably certain 
he's expecting 
SOMETHING more along the lines of

(bunch of physical)
weeeeeeelllllll
yeah, uuummmm 
I got NOTHING 

BUT 
ANYWAY 
I'm pretty sure it's not ANYTHING even remotely LIKE


I don't want to hear 
some sh*t about PROUD 
you can 
f*CK right off 
with THAT 

SO MAYBE 🪣
(bucket emoji)

your move