Sunday, May 19, 2024

WEATHERpocalypse (edited)

I really liked the latest episode 
of WEATHERpocalypse 

I especially liked
the CENTER POINT map

trying to get it to LOAD

THEN 
find your address 
& THAT doesn't seem to MEAN anything 

THEN
AROUND the CORNER 

BIG BLUE ORB-- power outage 

I have AQUIRED
NO NEW information 
this has helped me
NOT at ALL 

I'm SO GLAD
I spent so MUCH time 
trying to get this to load

the next day
I GUESS they figured out 
what everyone NEEDED*
*to STOP calling 
*or MAYBE ya know PSA

863 thousand cases
of which 
349 thousand have been restored 

MY TAKE AWAY from this
keep your panties on
we'll get to you
YOU are NOT ALONE*
*these are not the droids you're looking for hand gesture (although I don't think I should say it)

AND
I'm standing out front of my apartment 
on the stoop
AND I'm LIKE 
what we need right now
is an ice cream truck

BECAUSE I suddenly had a FLASHBACK 
well not REALLY 
to this one time
I had damaged my vocal chords
& I had to take a week off work

AND
there was this ice cream truck
that would drive down
EVERY street
BUT mine
ECHOing like some
PSYCHOLOGICAL thriller
& I'm out wandering the streets
with a FIST FULL of dollars
is it REAL
where ARE you 
ice cream dealer
I NEED 
a red white and blue 
BOMB pop

AND the lights across the street 
GO ON
ooo ooo me next me next

AND a few minutes later
LIGHTS flash on
I swear I hear a CHEER
then off

then on, off, on, off, on, off, on
OFF stayed off

AND
the thing is
I knew there were supposed to be 
THUNDERSTORMS

ya KNOW 
SOMETHING about PTSD,
hey welcome to the neighborhood--here are the places that if it's been raining HARD for more that 20 minutes--  you shouldn't DRIVE INTO or you might DIE, etc

BUT 
I didn't initially realize 
TORNADO warning 
BUT 
THEN even when I did

I FEEL like 
we ALL know
TORNADOES are like
NORTH by NORTHWEST 

I MEAN
there was that ONE in the mid nineties 
came through MONTROSE 
KNOCKED over
my mom's CATALPA tree
& then swung through
MICHAEL JONE'S closet
NEXT street over
STYLED
his drag WIGS

BUT those were different times
AND
EXCEPTIONS prove the RULE

TORNADO warnings 
DO NOT apply to ME 
***********************

I don't think this is bad 🤠
it should have MORE 
being in the dark
PROBABLY 
HEB candle chosen in the dark
turned out to be
TEXAS front porch scent

My cat didn't want to eat in the dark
I had to hold the candle for him
& I have to bend over
and pet him
the entire
TIME 
DOWNWARD cat?

BUT ALSO 
when the power is out 
I ALWAYS want
to do SOME sort of RITUAL in the KITCHEN 

FOR REAL for real
it's a STRONG pull