Thursday, May 30, 2024

I'm inadvertently 
TRYING something with my brother 

the other day 
he sent me an Insta message 
as follows 

there was that time when I was five years old...
I STARED into the VOID...
& I ASKED 
WHAT is the MEANING of LIFE

AND
the ANSWER came BACK
in my OWN voice

the meaning of life is to 
REMEMBER 
that time when you were a kid 
& LOOKED into the VOID --2024

AND 
I'm like f*CK the f*CK I'm saying to THAT man

& I closed the tab
BUT 
then I remembered 
I had liked a bunch of his stuff 
it was his birthday 
BUT 
I decided it was a violation of his privacy
POTENTIALLY 
it out him as a birthday boy
to post on Facebook 
if the birthday doesn't come up

& it was weird sh*t
I liked
BECAUSE it's pretty much generally weird 
BUT ALSO 
not gonna lie
hoped you'd see them

BUT 
I figured 
I just say what I was gonna say
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 

BUT 
then TODAY 
in the spirit of 
NOT being afraid of him

I JUST sort of
on the fly
DECIDED 
what was called for was
SOME sort of 
psycho - linguistic non sequitur

SO
I USED a beloved fridge magnet quote
edo samurai poet
masahide

I don't remember where I BOUGHT it 
it's like SIMULTANEOUSLY encapsulating

LIKE 
stand on one foot and recite
DO NOT that which is hateful to yourself to others
ZEN arrow POEM

that actor guy from the 70s
who was happy 
when his house burned down

I can't remember what he said to me 

I don't KNOW 
if that was a good idea 

I gotta go to bed

goodnight sweetheart 💋 
I LOVE you VERY much 
👾🫚