Sunday, May 5, 2024

I WAS liking the genX comedy
for a minute there
BUT 
it has reached a tipping point 
OR a level of mainstreamity
NOW it just SOUNDS 
blah BLAH BETTER than you 

HOWEVER 
I have a tangential pile on
story that I like

the evil stepmother 
she was in charge of waking me up 
BUT I wasn't HAPPY with 
THAT, so
I ASKed my 
when I USED to TELL 
this story, back in the day
I said I asked my REAL MOM 

because there WAS that dichotomy 

I asked her to buy me
an ALARM clock 
for Christmas 

AND I got it
& ESM is all like
FINE!
then you can get yourself up
get your dad up
make you both breakfast 
get yourself 
to school 

the genX part
NO KEY
you forget it

not gonna have it
LOCKED OUT 

now this get HIM up
INCLUDED a
DO NOT WAKE me up 
which was fiddly 
HE the world's DEEPEST sleeper
SHE really just cat naps

HE SHOWED me how to poach eggs
BUT some sort of 
souffle OMELETTE -- frittata hybrid
was REALLY more my SPEED 

I THINK 
that was eight or nine
third grade