Friday, May 3, 2024

I really do LOVE you 
and I believe 
you love me too

I THINK about you 
all the time
you are scattered through 
EVERYTHING 

it's STRANGE 
a strange way to go through the world

BUT 
I will say
I don't remember being 
QUITE this AWARE 

AND
the reason why 
stand up
is the ANALOG 
for ten days in the DESERT 

there's a WAY 
to do it RIGHT 
ya gotta 
LOOK at HOW you see the world
DIFFERENT*

*there's more to it but no essay tonight about the theories I have about comedy

I was talking to my therapist 
BUT I don't think 
I've told you THIS yet

I'm NOT super nervous 
about the idea
going on stage
I've been on stage
NOT in the SAME way

the nutcracker
I wasn't important or anything 
I was background 
but I didn't care
I prayed the girl who played me in b cast would 
get sick and I would have to do all the shows 

STAND UP
you are alone on stage
BUT that doesn't 
REALLY seem
all that different than having an 
UNINTERESTED group at the TRAINING center 

to monitor 
HOLD and 
direct INTEREST 

BUT 
the thing is
I don't think I'm all that worked up

I don't think I'm doing it 
for the like VALIDATION 
I don't THINK 
feel the way about external validation 

I THINK I'm STRANGE

and there is so much
I'm gonna learn about myself 
WRITing it
AND
DOing it