Friday, October 11, 2024

I haven't worn this much

early on in the lockdown 
I needed to feel
like I had
what I used to call
WARRIOR jewelry 

I bought some when I left starbucks 

AND 
MAYBE 
it wasn't REALLY the jewelry 
so much as the
STONES

I found this 
WAYWARD ranch
PLUME agate
it was raindrop shaped
from the marfa area

it had this mysterious quality
a jeweler on Etsy
cut it herself 
&
I bought the cabochon and I asked her 
if she could set it somehow 
so I could 
WEAR it

BUT 
the settings she suggested 
weren't doing it for me
SO
I designed one
& she made THAT 

it SEEMED a little busy
BUT 
it was supposed to represent 
some sort of
CONNECTION to that feeling from the beginning of the journey 
when I wanted to be standing 
at the bottom of the sea
that was now a desert

PROJECTED
into the 
FUTURE 
that I wasn't SURE 
I was gonna 
LIVE 
to SEE 

I don't think 
that I ever told you about this
BUT 
I'm looking at it 
TODAY