Wednesday, October 16, 2024

I was talking to my therapist 
he is semi fighting 
with his family 
about
the election

I told him
t*ump triggers me
& he's like, yeah me too

his niece blocked him on social media 

his 91 year old mother
told him
he better work out his issues
before thanksgiving

last time we talked 
he was not going to thanksgiving 
I guess that's no longer his plan

they're all rich, apparently 

hey, I say
if you need to skip thanksgiving 

no no, he says
he will make nice

I don't understand 


what am I missing 

he told me again 
I should be a therapist 

I floated my nervous breakdown theory
& he's like 
well maybe not exactly 
BUT 
you did have a break
just recently 

I think he means
when I was trying to quit the job

BUT 
surely
when I was triggered
back In May or whenever that was
surely THAT was a WORSE break

he says I'm so much stronger than I think I am

AND
I wonder
what does that really mean 

I MEAN 
I think I'm pretty strong
he hasn't asked me
what I THINK about my strength

I told him
at some point
when I was losing my sh*t
that I didn't feel supported 

& couldn't he give me some
exercise or something 
to not FEEL like 
I was COMPLETELY losing my sh*t
& he had nothing 



to me t*ump represents
MAYBE more than any single person 
the qualities
that trigger me

he has those narcissistic traits
that flash from mom

EVERYTHING must be my fault
because she can't ever be wrong

REALITY might change from day to day
because everything is 
external and right now
giving him/her what she wants right now

He's got that entitlement going
because he's a narcissist 
BUT ALSO 
because he is a rich white man
who only sees
the rest of the world
in terms of what he wants from it
"working the angles"
using small businesses to build things
then not paying them
so he ruins them
to get his sh*t cheaper

THAT was what he did BEFORE 

when he was IN OFFICE 
he USED the office
to whatever he
could squeeze out of it
for personal profit
& f*CKing aggrandizement 

he can't distance himself from ROE
the way he would kinda like to
because he CAN'T 
stop patting himself on the back for overturning 

he takes the just say whatever
with no shame
not true, no problem 
just say it 
AGAIN and AGAIN 
& people 
will either think it's true

OR
they will not know anymore 
what is and isn't true 
& just slip into
apathetic acquiescence

his hardcore base
are grievance driven
& he rages with them
& SOUNDS "right" to them
because he has like a third grade vocabulary 

they don't WANT someone 
SMART or ACOMPLISHED
they want someone 
who will make the bad people suffer

AND
this new statement of his
HOW the military 
should STOP 
the "radical left"

people are apologizing for him
trying to say what he MEANT 
BUT 
I'm pretty sure 
he said what he meant 

ENEMIES WITHIN 
he says 
ALIEN & SEDITION ACT
John Adam's SHAME

MAYBE 
the military is supposed to keep me from voting

he doesn't really understand 
HOW the country works
& he doesn't really CARE

I'm pretty SURE 
it's all just

REALITY TV 

to him


AND
AMERICA 
even with the many ways
it doesn't live up to
it's promises
MEANS MORE than that 
to me