Thursday, October 17, 2024

OK
that was a lot of sleep 
& I'm still VERY tired
BUT 

I had dreams
SOME of which I remember 
though
I'm not sure
what to make of them

I had a ROOM 
that was cool, but kinda bizarre

the walls were like a chartreuse 
& an enormous dresser
very dark wood
antique
with a giant mirror
& many many drawers
it was really attractive 
& it seemed like it was kinda tucked into a recess
but it went like floor to ceiling 
& it was wide too
at least six feet wide, maybe more

there was an attached bathroom 
I'm not sure how many people 
lived there
BUT 
at one point
there was a guy on the toilet
and a girl in the tub

who seemed to be
having a relationship 
AND
I'm LIKE 
this is MY room

it was odd

THIS 
is the really weird part
there was this
THING
in the middle of the floor
&
I guess this is when I was first getting the room

it was like this beautiful 
I want to call it wicker
BUT 
it wasn't visually heavy
it was WOVEN kinda basketry
but sleek
& nearly transparent 
& curvilinear 
it still SEEMED antique 
BUT 
I don't know how old it was

because it was clean and fresh
slightly millinery 

I'm all LIKE
is THAT a coffin
can I sleep in that

I had an enormous 
VAMPIRE thing
when I was a kid, so it didn't strike me as
QUITE as weird as it might seem

THEN
there was ALL this running around 
with three other women
changing shoes
not
like trying on shoes
LIKE 
switching for different 
I'm not sure WHY 

tennis shoes
some other shoes
it SEEMED to make sense 
in the dream
BUT 
they don't seem different enough 
that any of that was
NECESSARY 

ALSO
LOTS of running around 
changing cars
& seats
it was all friendly 
BUT 
it was like
CHINESE FIRE DRILL 

there was MORE 
about
WHAT we were doing 
that I can't remember 

it seemed 
NOT that important to me 
BUT 
I didn't have a lot of feelings about it 
in the dream
it was just
THE THING that we were
sort of uncritically doing
sort of manically

I have
NO idea
what any of that means 

BUT 
often my dreams have
familiar elements 
&
NONE of THIS
seemed at all familiar