Tuesday, October 15, 2024

I was telling my therapist 
ABOUT 
how triggering I find t*ump
& HOW I feel like 
THAT was a big part of my sort of
LOCKDOWN crazy
for me

the SENSE that the world had GONE MAD
& I was GONNA DIE

BUT 
NOW I'm getting 
SOME sort of mashup of 

if I only had a heart & if you are among the very young at heart
walking back from therapy 
I mean
so I'm not sure what that means 

I cried some in therapy 
about how
I never thought of myself as someone who
(like a lot of women do)
just sees to everyone else's needs first
& I didn't realize 
I had this other thing going on 
BUT 
the difficulty I had
leaving that job
which should have been 
pretty low stakes

points out to me
CLEARLY 
that I have a problem with just saying 
it's okay to be focused on 
what is best for me
EVERYTHING 
doesn't have to be some HARMONIZING 
greatest overall happiness 

I can prioritize me
because 
even if I WANT to be all harmonization Hannah
can't give water from a dry well

I guess miriam has the moving well
so perhaps that whole metaphor is 
not the strongest 

BUT 
MAYBE I feel guilty
for not being RIPE yet
MAYBE I understand that that could go bad

you might run out of patience 

& I'm having all these FEELINGS 
about what the f*CK am I doing with myself 

I'm LIKE 
starting over AGAIN 
with the information I had already gleaned
& having to find my place
in a world
that has changed so much
over the course of my life 

it's LIKE 
a double whammy, somehow
BUT 
it's just what everyone has to do
EVENTUALLY 
that's what growing looks like, I guess

AND
a lot of people don't grow 
& MAYBE 
I'm not a natural with this stuff
BUT I have a steep learning curve

I'm all LIKE
it's been a whole year
I should be fixed
BUT 
I'm trying not to do that to myself 
& he thought the idea
that I should be fixed by the one year mark
he thought it was funny