Saturday, August 24, 2024

Marcus Aurelius
made me think of Dr Nelson 

my first semester of college 
I was picking 
what the f*CK ever I wanted
& I picked
intro to ETHICS 

over time
I took more classes from him
than anyone except 
Sandy Frieden*

*German film

I haven't thought about him for a little while 
BUT 
I really loved him
I mean not in any sort of crush-y way
he was just an excellent person 

AND
I use that AH HA moment story 
a lot
it was an IMPORTANT moment 
BUT 
ALSO 
he was my faculty advisor 

HE WAS where I got
OR MAYBE NOT 

he would be philosophizing 
people would be scribbling frantically 
& he would pause 
REALIZE he had been LIKE 
making
UNCHALLENGED statements 
for quite a while

he would STOP 
and say
OR MAYBE NOT 

which was an 
INVITATION to challenge 

BUT 
I always heard people 
CROSSING OUT 
like WTF
I guess THIS is NOT on the final

& it amused me 

I was trying to find out 
SOMETHING about him now
BUT 
I found a thing from 2012
he was one of the retired professors 
granded emeritus status

there was a picture of him

I KNOW I wanted to go to a better school
BUT 
I feel like a got a lot 
out of the education I had
AND
he was definitely 
one of the stars