Friday, August 2, 2024

SO many THINGS 

I think I feel you 
BUT 
MAYBE 
I'm just high

& I had an idea about my mom --
--- tell me a HAPPY story ---

I can't honestly believe 
that I haven't tried 
this before 

I suspect it was just so unuseful
that I scrubbed the record
BUT 
MAYBE I NEVER thought to ask that before 

I ALSO heard Gary numan
in cars
& I thought a lot
about 
HOW to describe the memories 
I have CODED in that song

AND
I REALIZED 
that I haven't THOUGHT 
ABOUT that stuff in so long that
I can't really put myself 
BACK in THAT 
mindset

It's NOT happy
I don't really want to describe 
the garbage sticking to my back
on the linoleum floor

was this HOT

I know I had a lot of complicated feelings 
I know NOW
HOW bad it was
BUT 
I think I KNEW at the time, too
& I can't remember 

SO
I'm KINDA 
triggered
BUT 
also kinda ok with not remembering 

I am not SURE that I'm SANE
BUT 
I don't feel like I'm the SAME person 

over time
I feel like I've shifted enough 
GRADUALLY 
that maybe I'm a completely different person 

I feel like I've said that before 
BUT 
we'll see how coherently 
I said it now