Tuesday, August 13, 2024

I don't think I said goodnight 
I don't really remember 
BUT 
I THINK 
I fell asleep with the phone 
in my hand 
&
then woke up later
had to hunt for the phone
to plug it in

I'm not sure I'm doing 
all that well
I was planning to quit yesterday 
I mean 
I'm planning to work through September 4th
because THAT
is the back to school schedule 
yesterday 
&
then Monday and Wednesday 
through 9/4

my plan in my head, however 
thought new girl would be there yesterday 
& I would just
get Lucy aside
& say
I've been really happy that I could help you out
these last couple years
& I'm glad you found someone 
who you know and like and trust*

*she worked with her at the place she taught in the heights

because I just have a lot going on 
and I just need my time back

I was worried 
BUT HOPEFUL that that
MIGHT 
NOT 
NEED 
a lot of discussion with new girl there too

BUT 
new girl wasn't there and Lucy wasn't working
& even though she came through 
on her way to her last physical therapy 
it just didn't work for me 

SO
NOW 
I'm freaking out a little 
& therapist acted like he was surprised 
I wanted to give notice at all
LIKE REALLY?!

BUT NOW 
I have to explain it to him
AND I'm not sure what I'm explaining 

I had THINGS I wanted 
out of this arrangement 
& I'm done with THAT 
BUT 
these are NOT people 
that I'm just walking away from
NEVER to SEE again 

AND
I was trying to explain that I like them
WHEN 
I had just said I DIDN'T LIKE them
BUT 
what I mean is

I knew them for years CASUALLY 
Vikki since I was a small-ish child
I would like to have
an undisrupted casual acquaintanceship
with them and I'm not sure if that's possible 

I DON'T WANT to be close friends 
which is where they seem to be trying for
although then also
KINDA treating me like an employee 

SO
talk to me like THAT
I'm STUPID for asking 
ANYTHING 
TELL me all your 
"COMPLEX SYSTEMS"
& demand I follow them

AND
WOMAN bonding all-round

I'm NOT really down
for ANY of THAT 

and I'm worried about the extraction process 

therapist gives me the distinction impression

that he thinks
I just text
I'm OUT bitches
& it's done 
OR
MAYBE 
just don't go back

AND
when I was having to look up
how to process emotions
on YouTube 
I saw a THING 
the REASON therapy WORKS 
is some sort of
TRUST
you build with your therapist 

& THAT worried me
because I'm not sure that that's what I'm doing 

I started to think about 
the letters I got
of resignation 
and
how I responded to them
& I LIKE myself 
a little bit more 

I used to tell them
NONE of YOU are replaceable 
BUT 
I UNDERSTAND that this is NOT 
what you're doing with your life
THIS is a THING 
you're doing 
while you're going to school
or it's a second job
OR
WHATEVER 
I KNOW you will LEAVE 
& while you ARE NOT replaceable 

when you are ready to LEAVE 
I will have to do stuff 
to try to prepare for that
SO the earlier you can let me know 
the BETTER I can prepare 

I WANT you to move forward with your life
I'm NOT gonna hold it against you 

AND
I got a bunch 
that were like
I love you, but I have to move forward with my life 

BUT 
I don't think 
this transition is going to be that smooth 

I HOPE I'm wrong