Monday, August 12, 2024

I used to stay up late flipping through the cable channels and I would periodically find this news show that would make me stop.  OMG!  Things that were so wonderful I hadn't even thought to want them were all coming to pass, now, immediately.  How could this rapture be possible?

It was a religious show--  it was supposed to scare me with depravity, not inspire.  

And I just saw a commercial put out by UAW that made me feel as close to that as I have since that time--  the only specific time television thing I can remember from that time was OKC bombing, so that's when I was seeing those fake news shows.  The UAW commercial is talking to union members I guess specifically, but it also feels like it's trying to be talking to everyone who isn't a corporate or money'd interest--  real folks.  And it feels like it's saying something that's been echoing through my soul forever but I can't recall having heard.

I thought 
really, I should explain first
I visualize this giant pendulum
and I've been watching it swing right since 80
in 2008 I thought maybe
we were headed back the other direction 
BUT 

then we got t*ump

I thought 
we had to get to beyond horizontal before I get to hear the commercial I've been waiting my whole life to hear.