Tuesday, August 27, 2024

I didn't go to therapy today 
I texted him 
I have a migraine 
would it be okay if I 

hang on
I can't remember exactly what I said 

would it be okay for me not to 
come to therapy today 

I wasn't sure 
if stating it as a question 
was the right way to go

BUT 
it felt too AGGRESSIVE 
to say
I have a migraine 

I'm SKIPPING therapy today 

AND
it felt too LIKE 
CALLING IN to WORK 
to say

I have a migraine 
I'm not going to be ABLE to MAKE it 
to therapy today 

if I were him
I would think 
she's AVOIDING conflicts 
about the meds
OR
MAYBE I pushed a little too hard

made her
feel threatened 

SO
the version I USED 
I guess is my way of saying 

I'll come in
if you think it's REALLY important 
BUT 
otherwise I'm not 
& I'm SOMEHOW 
MAYBE also

making it 
FOR HIM to tell me to stay home

which probably is NOT 
RIGHT 

it FEELS to me now 
LIKE when my district manager 
once asked me 

HOW would you 
LIKE to be
HELD ACCOUNTABLE 

to MAKE me SAY 
that he should 
WRITE me up

SO
MAYBE I'm just sh*tty

I think it might not have been a migraine 
just a bad headache 
BUT 
HEADACHE 
doesn't MEAN anything 

the TRUTH is 
I woke up
feeling 
PRETTY good 
EMOTIONALLY 

my head hurts
my brain-stem feels swollen 
I think my lymph is 
OFF
because my chest and neck
is somewhat tender

BUT 
I thought therapy 
would make me feel worse
not better