Tuesday, April 23, 2024

AND
maybe this isn't obvious 

I asked myself 
what would you like to say that you were
& I said comedian 

I don't think I ever 
SERIOUSLY considered
in FACT I'm pretty sure 
it just NEVER got
CONSIDERED

NOW 
I haven't done it yet 
BUT why would I not TRY

MAYBE 
it will work out
maybe it will be obviously WRONG 

BUT knowing what I know about me
it's gonna go BETTER 
if I follow my
INTUITION 

I FEEL the money concern
I REALLY feel the money concern

in FACT 
right this moment 
I'm FEELING the money thing
PRETTY hard
&
I'm wondering if the comedy thing
is some kind of psychological 
TACTIC I'm using on myself

I guess
I WORRY that
OH CRAP sh*t is lining up

I'm trying to get my sh*t together
AND
I have this FEELING 
that trust the process 
BUT 
MAYBE it's something 
RANDOM unexpected that happens 

I was suspicious 
of the manic
red flag
& the fact
that I didn't even think about the bar & night
& crowds of people 
I'm LIKE is that
a sign
that
I don't I don't remember what I said*

*and this is clearer anyway

I'm CLEARLY bypassing 
WHOLE PARTS 
of my mental processing 

is THAT a GOOD thing
because I'm not letting anything 
BECOME an obstacle 

OR is it just
manic daydream 

I DO WANT to see you
this is not some weird brush off

I just don't think 
that tutoring thing 

I'm NOT SURE what I THINK 

I'm still trying to figure out 
HOW I could make that WALKING thing WORK

LAST WEEK 
I was tired and wanted to go home
I got roped in to a little group thing at the studio 
THEY ASKED me 
if I was WORKING on 
SOMETHING else 

I said yes
a book
FICTION or NON FICTION 
fictionalized 
a modified EPISTOLARY form
I'm DEVELOPING 

I just said THAT in the MOMENT 
I MEAN I KNEW that's what I was doing 
BUT I'd never said it ALOUD 

I'm not sure about my therapist 
he's definitely doing something 
&
I'm trying to remind myself 
that he isn't 
free from human stuff
just because he's 
a professional 
BUT 
I FEEL like TODAY 
was WEIRD 
& LIKE 
I'm making progress 
BUT I might 
just be
MAD