Monday, April 22, 2024

OK
fixin to listen to TK
BUT 
I just keep remembering seeing 
bill hicks 
I didn't go to SEE him

I was just at the comedy workshop 
Charlotte and I 
THAT was a thing 
that we did

I think we had gone
to see improv

I didn't know who he was
he wasn't famous 
BUT 
this was the place
SAM kineson 
CRUCIFIED himself 
at the convenience store 
ACROSS the street

SO I MEAN 
MAYBE he wasn't scheduled 
ALL I KNOW 
I can't stop thinking about it 

I watched a lot of comedy 
GROWING up 
BUT 
he did this THING I couldn't remember 
EVER being AWARE of before 

HE MADE a CIRCLE 

he started off
HERE and then he
WALKED you THROUGH 
an ADVENTURE in his WORLD
and then he brought 
you
PERHAPS safely 
on HOME*

it's one of the high points 
BUT it was a
complete COINCIDENCE 

*he ended on the same line, I'm not even saying it was a good line exactly, it was then, maybe, the important thing was how it functioned it was genius the actual line was: I think of myself as more of a hate stylist