Saturday, April 20, 2024

I was explaining to my therapist 
my problem*
*with regard to deciding what I want to be when I grow up**
**in my phraseology I see another problem 

I never had one thing that was a BURNING desire 

I have a lot of things 
I enjoy to do
BUT 
when you play it OUT 

there are THINGS 
that makes it
not worth it
& without the BURNing
ya know

the stuff that makes it make money
ruins it for me

so I took jobs
BUT 
if I'm doing it
I will make THAT the thing

WHAT 
I'm doing NEEDS to be 
A THING ya know

& he's like 
BURNING is too high a standard
WHAT 
do you 
WANT 
to do

WELL so I thought ABOUT it 
coming from a
DIFFERENT 
angle

I've NEVER thought about it 
THIS way
and I'm a little nervous to tell you

I asked myself 
well
WHAT
would you MOST LIKE to 
TELL someone 
you were
&
like RIGHT AWAY 
I come back
COMEDIAN 

& then
I'm all LIKE yeah
THEY are the 
SHAMANIC messengers

YEAH let's NOT get AHEAD of ourselves 

YOU been telling yourself 
SOME BIG story
ABOUT how
NOBODY UNDERSTANDS 
ANYTHING you have to say

HOW you HATE 
having to EXPLAIN 
your ART

NOW 
you want to GET UP in front of 
PEOPLE 
SAY some sh*t
& POTENTIALLY get heckled

SURPRISINGLY 
it still SEEMED to be 
something I WANTED to do 

SO
I've decided 
I have to do it
MAYBE 
it will 
be
the thing is

this whole time 
I've been working on a variety of things 
BUT 
I've been coming at
LIKE 
what do you want your life to be LIKE 
let's build AROUND THAT
& MAYBE 
comedian fits THAT too

MAYBE 

I've performed FUNNY 
BUT not
LIKE THAT 
& it is
POSSIBLE 
that this is CRAZY 

BUT 
I'm SURE first time on an open mic
will be late and sparce