Wednesday, April 10, 2024

OH
and the "register" fiddly system
isn't even the FUNNY one

the TUBES of Golden acrylics 
they HAVE to be put
in the RACKS
in FIFO*
* first in first out which is pretty standard 
HOWEVER 
this means that
ANY time you restock them
EVERY tube of paint has to be pulled
OUT 
and set on the little ledge
in a way
that you'll remember 
to put them BACK
in the RIGHT order

NOW I get this
BUT it is not as easy to accomplish 
if there are customers 
or ANYTHING going on

the extra like BACK STOCK paint
has to be alphabetical underneath
& I fully support 
the alphabetical thing 
because otherwise it's hard to find 
when you need it
BUT 
they want the date and price
ON THE BOX
NOT on the individual TUBES 

which MEANS 
they HAVE to be priced when they are PUT OUT 
which TEDIOUS-es the process up nicely 
BUT WAIT 

EVERY TUBE
has the price sticker
SCRAPED OFF
EVERY YEAR
& re-stickered when the PRICE changes
SO
there is NO WAY 
to actually tell
HOW old
the paint is
&
APPARENTLY I've been doing it 
WRONG
because when they get priced
TO PUT OUT
I'm supposed to be 
CHANGING the DATE
FOR EACH ONE
so it MATCHES the BOX

SO why not just price them individually 
WHEN they COME in

WELL you might have to scape it off

THIS system is 
AS FAR as I'm concerned 
SO BROKEN 
as to be 
ROTF laugh-crying

it's FUNCTIONAL value
is ZERO

and the explanation of the 
ARCANE importance
is SO GOOD 
that there are
OVER a YEAR LATER 
PROBABLY still PIECES 
that I STILL don't have

I used to make WHOEVER put the order away
ALPHABETIZE the coffee & syrup
& I always got PUSH BACK
BECAUSE 
I was all LIKE efficiency
AND they were like
TAKES LONGER 
& I'm LIKE 
YES, but

it takes longer to put AWAY 
when you have TIME 
when you are
NEEDING to FIND something 
it is FAST
THAT is when the TIME matters

YOU'RE NOT getting through
60-80 customers a half hour
if you're spending 45 seconds
LOOKING for sh*t 
EVERY time you need it

SO I'm not AGAINST 
SYSTEMS 
BUT 
FIDDLY 
not so much