Thursday, November 12, 2020

 i had not been wearing makeup

i thought i looked fine

and besides

only my mom was seeing me

well, and vickie and lucy and rando studio people

but

the mask covers most of my face

and the glasses

i thought i was fine


i had a healing blemish on my right cheek

no biggy

i have some red spots on my nose and mouth area

healing/healed

but after the whole election thing

i had picked my forehead

so monday

she's all like is that from your mask?

really

i was under a lot of stress

i picked my face

[she picks her face, hell she picked my face]

she seems not to know what i'm talking about

 also

i know i have told her about my skin struggle

she says something

and to be honest, i don't even know what

it sounds judgemental and whatnot and i'm not listening

i haven't worn makeup since march

i didn't wear foundation until i was over 40

for the last several years

i wouldn't even go to the grocery store without makeup

i felt like i looked fine now

that's the kind of thing she does


and i've got a bunch of bare minerals powder

but i thought that might be drying

and

i just didn't want to go to that much trouble

and then i remembered i had this covergirl that i bought

before the pandemic

at that time i thought it was not enough coverage

i tried it again

it evened my skin tone

covered my spots {enough to make them only noticeable if you're an asshole}

and covered the not really all that dark circles under my eyes

i put it on over papaya oil

so the coverage was really light

it looked good

i didn't powder it

it didn't rub off on the mask

{just a tiny bit}

it looked good all day

and my skin felt really good

light and breathable and hydrated

new normal makeup approved