Monday, December 12, 2022

And for jewelry
I have a stainless steel really thin box chain
That isn't shiny in the way that a silver chain is

It's got a very low sheen shine
Like you know stainless steel
I really like it I haven't worn it much I've had it maybe I don't know less than a year I feel like but I've only worn it a few times

Then I also have some necklaces that I found at my mom's
I don't feel like they are her necklaces though
So maybe they were Shirley's
Or maybe they were mine
They're not silver
I don't know whether they're nickel
Or whether they're aluminum
I would guess probably aluminum because they're pretty lightweight even though they're not small
I mean they're not enormous either

And I'm not 100% sure how much I would wear those
But I do really like them I've worn them a few times recently and they are fun

I also have a necklace that is
I don't know if it actually is taxco
It's a Mexican silver necklace that is a series of ball links connected to each other You've seen it but not for a long long time
2008 Pittsburgh
I doubt you necessarily remember all the jewelry I wear for clothes I wear on specific trips but I know you I know you did see it then

And it is not shiny
It is tarnished and it's got this kind of doll oxidized look to it
I really really like it

Also I have a ring I bought when my mom and I went to archway gallery not that long ago
I thought it was going to turn out to be some like turquoise colored glass or something but it apparently is real turquoise even though it kind of doesn't look like it
I'm not going to go take a picture of it right now but I'll have to try to remember to take a picture of all this jewelry stuff tomorrow

However I'm having a hard time finding any earrings in my collection because I just don't really have any study earrings I have hoops I have dangles I just don't have studs

I found a pair actually I found several pair but I only found one pair so far that seemed like it might even possibly work and I tried them on and wore them and they're fine I could wear them but I don't really like the way they look and they aren't really what I want

I want something that isn't a dangle and isn't a hoop that won't get caught on masks
And has a sheen

My first choice
Would be mahbe Pearl flat disc blister pearl Omega back slightly larger studs

And I found some
That I really like and they're pretty much perfect
But they're $500
And I do not have an earring budget for $500
I found some
That aren't exactly what I want
For $325
And some that are a little bit less what I want for $150

But I don't want to spend $150 for something that's not what I want if I'm going to spend $150 I want it to be because it was an awesome thing that I wanted not because it was a okay thing that was not what I wanted that seems silly

I found something that would work
That I like on a variety of levels
Their Omega backs
And they're a doublet of mother of pearl
So it's got a layer of mother of pearl and then over the top of it it has quartz crystal that's got some facets but not like diamond sparkly facets just like some kind of quilted looking facets on the top of it so it's got that kind of Sheen that I'm going for and I like them all right but they're like $100 and to my mind they aren't fine jewelry

They're like fashion jewelry they're never going to be fine jewelry they're never going to look like fine jewelry and I just don't want to spend that much money on fashion jewelry

I'm not necessarily opposed to spending $100 on a pair of earrings although I have seriously a lot of earrings
And so I'm just wondering if I should get some you know like CZ's or something it would look like diamond earrings
I found some that are ascher cut
That I really like the look of
But I just don't think I would wear diamond earrings and so wearing CZ earrings doesn't seem right either

And also the fun of thrifting is that these things are not expensive I'm putting together this whole kind of whatever this look is

And the fact that the earrings that I want are so expensive it's kind of a bummer