Monday, December 5, 2022

I have a little bit of a sense of smell
Like if it's something that has a very penetrating smell like Vicks or tea tree oil then I can smell it a little tiny bit

But if it's something that just has a reasonably strong smell like there's no way you wouldn't smell it if you could smell but it's not kick you in the face strong then I can't smell it

I don't like that
But I do feel better
I don't really feel sick exactly
But I still have a lot of the symptoms
So I talked to Lucy today

Well actually we texted
And I said you know look I've still got a cough and I don't have a lot of energy but I think if I keep myself doped up on tussing and DayQuil and cough drops I think I can present a reasonable facsimile of a human

And she was like okay then
And so we were all set for me to go to work tomorrow
And it's not that I feel great and I want to go to work but I mean she doesn't get a day off until I go back and any well I guess she got Sunday off cuz they're closed but you know what I mean she's I'm helping them out and I'm also letting her have a day off and she's got some art projects she needs to work on
She does pet portraits and it's the holiday season you know

So it's not that I feel good and I'm rearing to go

I'm just trying to be a team player

But then she texted me back a few minutes later and she's like oh Vicky doesn't feel comfortable with you working if you're still coughing

And I'm like okay well I don't think this cough is going away anytime soon

But I mean I still seem sick
So I can't say with 100% certainty that I'm not contagious anymore
And I'm like you know hey that's fine I am not pushing to come to work I'm just trying to be back as quickly as possible cuz I know you're waiting on me to have a day off

And last week was apparently kind of a rough week
And she said well probably what we'll do is have you work Friday or Saturday and have you doing some pricing stuff that's further away from Vicky

And I'm like well yeah Friday or Saturday probably makes me a little happier too

So I don't know what these markdowns are but you know if I feel well enough and there's a lot of stuff to do then you know maybe I can work Friday and Saturday I don't know

But if I'm supposed to work one day a week and I didn't work last week then if I work 2 days then I would have made up the time

If that's the way I should think about it