Monday, December 12, 2022

The punky belt
Probably makes more sense
If I come clean about these

I have always wanted
Some stompy boots
And these are in not the best shape
Like they maybe need to be resoled a little bit
And I don't know whether I'm prepared to spend the money on that at the moment
And I don't think I've ever bought used shoes that looked like they'd been worn this hard
And it makes me a little nervous that there's no picture of the inside of them

Also they say they're Carolina Boot company
But the logo on the tongue of the shoe says redwoods
So I'm not really sure what I'm getting

And I went back and forth and back and forth about these shoes but I couldn't in the end not get them
They're a bigger risk than the flouncy skirts
Because they weren't as cheap as most of the rest of this stuff is
And I don't know if I will wear them

I'm not really sure what part of my life requires work boots
Well I think the answer is clearly that no part of my life really requires work boots

I'm thinking of them as my dressy shoes
Like if I went to a gallery opening or something

I went back and forth and back and forth with myself
I really prefer slip on shoes
Something I can take on and off quickly

But if it turns out to be a horrible mistake well it isn't that much money and
Even if it's a complete disaster
I would have pined for them they would have been the shoes that got away so I had to

I feel like surely you understand
My little riot girl heart wants her stompy boots